Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nursery: Before Pictures

So, these aren't overly exciting but you can see there's a LOT of work to be done!! We replaced almost all of the trim upstairs over the past few years, but this room was neglected. Mainly because I used it as my walk-in closet and there was stuff everywhere! Now it's all cleaned out and ready for Kev to get going. Over the past few weeks, he's prepped the room filling in nail holes, ripping out old woodwork, etc.   Last weekend he painted the room a tealish blue and tan to match our crib bedding, seen here...

Today, he and our brother-in-law, Jason, are installing the white chair rail and trim.  I think it's going to look really good when it all comes together! Our furniture probably won't be delivered until October, maybe even November. So, getting everything else done now is key. Especially while I'm still pretty mobile and can pick things out and decorate.

More pictures and updates to come as the room progresses!!
Personal 013
Itty bitty closet!
Personal 012
Corner where our chair will go...
Personal 008
Yankees Suck :)

2 comments:

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

I LOVE your bedding!! So cute:) Can't wait to see this room come along:)

Erin said...

The unwed women's room is no more! I guess that's acceptable considering Marge will be a married woman soon :)
I can't wait to see the what you guys end up doing with the nursery - I'm sure it's going to be adorable!