Thursday, September 15, 2011

27 Weeks and some news.....

Today marked 27 weeks and the beginning of the third trimester! It also marked Day 1 of bedrest ( waah, waaaaah!) This morning, at our appointment, I was told that for the next week, I need to act like each day is "a lazy Sunday." Which means no working, exercise, cleaning, cooking, running around, etc.... I was kind of bummed that it's happened this soon, even though it's just "modified" bedrest and precautionary.  I was hoping to make it to at least 30 weeks without having restrictions. Oh well, whatever is best for the boys!

Work has been great about this recent development, I'll work from home this first week then we'll reevaluate after our next appointment on 9/22.  You don't hear of too many cases where bedrest is lifted, but I'm hopeful! My mom sent me a list of "helpful tips" while on bedrest so you don't go stir crazy!! I'll definitely be referring to it!

The good thing about our appointment is that both boys look GREAT! Healthy little heartbeats in the 150's and they were moving around a ton! They're in the same position as our last appointment with Baby A breech and Baby B vertex (head down) Explains why my ribs and bladder are still being used as punching bags! :) 

Baby A weighs 2 lbs 6 ox and Baby B weighs 2 lbs 7 oz. So, Baby A has almost caught up to his brother now!  They put on a total of 1 lb 2 oz in 2 weeks, which is great!! I just hope they continue to fatten up in there at this rapid rate!!   We got to see one of our little guys sucking on his fist/thumb, it was so cute!! Here are pictures from today.  Please keep all 3 of us in your thoughts and prayers. We need these little guys to cook a while longer!!

27weeks

BabyA_27Weeks
A's Cute little arm!

BabyB_27Weeks
B's sweet little face :)

8 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

Booo! Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers! Keep those feet up:)

The Weber Family said...

You and those babies are in our prayers! Enjoy your downtime, you'll have plenty to keep you up and busy once they come! =) XOXOX

Erin said...

Bedrest Betty!! You look so darn cute!! Please continue to rotate on the couch to prevent bedsores :)

thuriks said...

So excited for you & your hubby and the amazing journy of twins! Hang in there and follow what the Dr. says because I think if I would have done that I am not sure I would have been on total bedrest at 30wks. Bedrest is pretty miserable but it's for such a good cause and in the big scheme of things it is such a short time in your life! Good Luck!!!

Stacie said...

Thanks for the notes, ladies!! Katie, I'm defnitely trying to be dilligent about it! It's SO much harder than I thought it would be and I'm only on Day 2! Hopefully I'll be up and at 'em here soon!

Lindsay said...

Thinking about you, friend! xo

Lyndsy said...

You look fantastic! Can' wait to meet those little beefcakes!

Blyth Family Blog said...

you are so beautiful Stass. Call me if you get bored :) xoxo