Thursday, March 19, 2009

Maui'ed

...Okay, I'm FINALLY getting to my Hawaii re-cap! Well, the wedding portion at least. I'm learning new photo editing programs which is super time consuming and in turn cutting into my blogging time! Argh! Oh well, I'm learning a lot and having fun doing it! We've also had a busy few weeks with family get togethers so I have lots to post (hopefully this weekend!)

Moving on...The wedding!! Erin and Steve chose one of the most beautiful locations you could imagine. Olowalu Plantation was breathtaking and everything they could've hoped for, including whales breaching during the ceremony!! They had a performer playing while guests arrived as well as during the ceremony; he was amazing and really set the tone of the island/laidback feel of the wedding. She kept the details clean and simple with pineapple lined aisles and native white flowers strewn across the grass. The ceremony took place just before sunset and was just gorgeous. Erin and Steve both looked amazing and SO happy and excited! After a few smooches to make it official, the party began!

While they finished up with pictures, guests enjoyed cocktails and I manned the guestbook which was full of Polaroids and notes from friends and family. Such a unique and special way to remember your day. Dinner was a buffet of tons of yummy food (I had seconds)! I think the pulled pork sandys were my fave! :) Our good friend Jamie made the most delicious cupcakes for dessert and they were amazing. C'mon, coconut and kahlua flavored...yes please!!

The speeches were all heartfelt and sweet and the couple's first dance to Jason Mraz's acoustic version of "I'm Yours" was so fitting. The dancing was just as I expected it to be: outstanding!! Bridey has a thing for Steve Nicks and anything 80's and she didn't disappoint. Her signature Journey sing along with my husband was hilarious! Using pineapples as guitars was definitely the highlight!

Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. - thank you for meeting in an airport security line, falling in love and allowing us all to be a part of one of the most beautiful weddings yet! Here are some of my fave pictures of the day!

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your pics. Good job on the editing

Lyndsy said...

These turned out so great! Nice work Stace!

Erin said...

Stace - these are seriously amazing photos! Well done! You seriously captured so many special moments. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm honestly sitting at my desk with tears in my eyes right now thinking back to three weeks ago today and what a special day it was. Thank you for sharing! (ha! I accidently typed sharting first - thank you for not sharting)

Blyth Family Blog said...

Such good pics! Good job...how come all my friends are such good photogs and I'm not??
Love you!

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

What pretty pictures Stacie! Great job on the editing too!

Shelby said...

Stace these are awesome!! Wow. I'm so very impressed.

Misty Carpinito said...

The pics are fantastic! I want to learn how to edit my photos...want to teach me?!? :o)

Stacie said...

Thanks girls, I have many many more but these were definitely my faves :)

Michelle said...

Your pics are REALLY good! Excellent job!