Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We are having........

We decided to find out what we're having!! We actually decided a few weeks ago when a friend in Seattle told me about a cute way that people have learned the gender(s) of their baby/babies.  It was important to us to find out alongside our family, we knew it would make the surprise of it all that much more fun and memorable for us.

So, at last Thursday's appointment, I had our ultrasound tech write down the results and seal them in an envelope. It was hard not to open it and peek, let me tell ya! Good thing it wasn't in my possession too long! I immediately drove to a  local baker and handed them the envelope. I said, "bake two cakes, one chocolate and one vanilla, but I want the inside frosting to match the results inside the envelope." So either pink or blue frosting, or one of each.  I asked for the outside frosting to be neutral (white) with green icing identifying which cake was which.  It was definitely weird to think that she would know the sex(es) of our children before we did!!  I picked the cakes up on Friday afternoon and after a quality check to be sure the colored frosting in the middle wasn't leaking out the sides, I drove straight to our beach house. 

That night, after dinner, we said my grandpa had brought dessert over and that we were anxious to dig in. Our plan was to Skype in my mom and step dad from Seattle for the big reveal. So, Kev and I sneakily ran a covert op mission setting up laptops, etc....

It was finally time.... We unveiled the cakes to everyone and when what we were doing sunk in, everyone was super excited! We all took a guess of what they thought they were then we were ready to cut into the first cake!!!

Here are the cakes, pre-reveal!

Mullin Babies 002

Twin B is a ..............................................

Mullin Babies 008

Drumroll.....................................................

Mullin Babies 010

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mullin Babies 014

How "wedding" of us :)

and


Twin A is a.................................................

Mullin Babies 018

another BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mullin Babies 023

We have TWO BOYS!!!!!!

Mullin Babies 022

We couldn't be more excited to welcome our TWO little boys this Winter. The thought of Kevin raising our two little guys to love sports melts my heart. He's going to be the BEST daddy and I'm so excited for our journey to begin with them.  I will never, ever forget last Friday. It was the perfect way to find out for us and I'm SO happy we did it that way!

I, of course, have already started looking at nursery stuff, baby boy clothes and picturing what the little guys will look like! Will they have that infamous cutie Mullin nose? Blue eyes, brown eyes, or one of each? Will they arrive with full heads of hair? None of that matters I suppose, we just want them to be strong, healthy and happy! I hope these two know how much they are already loved!

12 comments:

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Oh my GOSH, this is the CUTEST idea ever!!! I love it!! You two are so adorable and your boys are so lucky to have you as their parents. Congrats sweet friend!!

Kalamakis said...

That was such a great way to reveal the twins gender! I love it. We are so excited to help you welcome your two baby boys. Love you Stass and Congrats to the Mullin Family! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this!! I am so excited for you and your boys.

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I got goosebumps reading about your big reveal! What an amazing way to find out and to do it with the people you love made it all even more special! Congrats on your little boys! Happy shopping, decorating and preparing for their arrival!

Erin said...

I (and especially Raleigh) couldn't be more excited for you two...even though I guessed Boy/Girl, I'm loving that it's two boys. You already know what my reaction was from the big reveal :)
Love you two and can't wait to meet your handsome boys!

Mike and Kim said...

OMG! That is just the cutest idea!!! Congrats on the little beans!

Courtney said...

That is the MOST DARLING idea ever!! Love it- congrats you two! Exciting times ahead :)

Tara Holmes said...

I love this idea!!!! You are the cutest! Congrats on double boys!!!

The Benzels said...

What a cool idea to learn about what you're having! Thrilled to learn that they're little boys! So fun!

Jen said...

What an awesome idea and memorable story to tell your boys when they grow up! I really wanted a girl the first time around and have to say, having a little boy has been so special-two would be even better! Congrats and enjoy x PS-this means there is still a small chance they are ids! Guess you will just have to wait and see what they look like when they arrive ;).

Alicia said...

Love the gender reveal idea! Love that it is two boys too! Super fun! So happy for you. Let the planning begin right? Congrats Kevin and Stacie!

Brie said...

What a fun way to find out about your boys!! Super cute idea. Congrats! :)