Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Seattle Trip!

What a weekend!! It was seriously crazy busy and I didn't stop the entire weekend. I flew into Seattle Friday, Jan 16th and immediately went to bed to gear up for Saturday. I was up at 6:30am the next morning, (thanks to East Coast time) worked out and got ready for Coffey's bridal shower. Lynnie picked me up at the nail place and we headed out. We had a great time at the shower, Erin received tons of great gifts and it was so fun catching up with everyone. We (Katie, Marge, Shel and Lynnie) then headed over to Kel's for baby time!! Kristi, Ann, Fitz and baby Payton were all there too. We had so much fun "oohing and awwing" over Payton and Isabel, two of the cutest babies ever! Isabel was so angelic and sweet, and Payton was smiley and quiet and LOOOVED his mommy :) It was amazing seeing two of my best friends as new mommies!! Congrats to you both, I can't wait to watch your little ones grow up!!

We left the girls and headed back to Katie's to get ready for the night's festivites! We went to Wasabi Bistro for fabulous sushi and cocktails before making our way to The Boxcar for Coffey's bachelorette party. Now this wasn't your typical party, there were about 25-30 girls dressed in matching t-shirts emblazoned with "The Leather has Found It's Lace!" Coffey looooooooooves Stevie Nicks and it really does describe Coffey and Steve (her fiancee). They are the perfect pair and we can't wait for their wedding in less than a month!! The night was SO fun - we sang, danced and just had a great time spending time celebrating the bride to be. Bridey got up and sang more than one Stevie/Fleetwood Mac song, it was like a mini-concert! :)
Sunday, I met up with my mom, stepdad, aunt and some of their friends for brunch at Anthony's in Kirkland. The food was amazing, per usual and it was lovely seeing everyone! I miss them a lot so it was great to meet up. Mariana picked me up in Kirkland and we headed to Mercer Island to see Lisa and meet baby Dahlia. She's perfect! She has beautiful auburn hair, fair skin and is just so so cute! I loved holding her and seeing Lisa interact with her!! After leaving, Mariana (Little) and I grabbed coffee and she took me to see her new condo, so cute!!!! Later, I headed to Ryan and Lindsay's to catch up and meet their little boy (not so much a baby!) Caiden, who is almost 9 months old! I was told he looooves brunettes, so I was excited to meet him :) He was teething, poor little guy - but was happy playing with and showing me his toys. I loved visiting the Cox's - their house is so cute and decorated perfectly. Thanks for having me over guys!!

Monday morning, I met Katie and Coffey for a brisk walk in downtown Kirkland. After they left, I met my high school friend Morgan, who I haven't seen in forever for coffee. It was great catching up after about 8 or 9 years!! She is just as gorgeous as always and now has two beautiful boys with her husband Ben. Morgs, thanks so much for coming all the way up from Enumclaw to get together :) I then met up with Misty at Nordstrom for lunch, that is, once I had the right cafe!! Mist and I were college friends and have recently gotten back in touch. She is so wonderful and I'm so happy we've reconnected, she's the sweetest, most genuine person! She had an accupunture appointment that morning to help induce labor for her first baby, I was praying to god she didn't go into labor at lunch! She didn't because she went into labor the next day and baby Henry was born Wednesday!! :) Congrats again Mist, thanks for taking a few hours to meet up!! After lunch I met my friend Steph at her house to see her and meet her new little guy, Jacob. We had a great time chatting and playing with baby Jake, he was coo'ing and just hanging out and showing off his active digestive system :) He's almost 3 months now and is the cutest little bean!! He has beautiful blue eyes and really loves eating. I hadn't met Benny, their sweet pup either, too cute! Miss you Stephy, I can't wait to see you again soon!

Monday night I met up with my mom, stepdad and aunt for Mexican in Duvall near my mom's house. Lots of laughs were had, mostly at Bryan's expense... Lots of talk about "The Bachelor" and teasing him about being on a "group date...." I personally think he loved the fact that he was dining with 3 women. My flight was delayed Tuesday AM due to fog, but I didn't mind because I got to watch the inauguration in the airport. Landed in Boston around 630pm and was very happy to see my hubby :) It was a fabulous trip to Seattle and I hope I'm back sooner than later! Thank you all for an amazing weekend!

Here are a few pictures ... I'll do baby pictures separately - I had camera malfunctions when visiting Izzy and Payton so there aren't many of them. See Shelbs' blog for a few! Enjoy!
Michelle and me
Kate, Margie and me
Kate, Shel, Mama Megs :) Stacie and Margie
Katie, me, Lynnie and Lo (Lauren)
Me, Shelby and Katie
Bridey and me
Courtney and Jamie singing their hearts out!
Coffey's second to last Journey performance :)

Stevie takes the stage!! Look at all of her groupies singing along to "Stand Back!"

Mom and me

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun weekend. You were a busy bee. Glad I was able to spend time with you. Cant wait for 3.5 weeks!!!

Lyndsy said...

You look fab in purple! I can't believe I haven't seen you in it before. The Kang color looks good on ya!

Love, love, love the pic of Coffey singing Stand Back. Fantastic! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! XOXO

Misty Carpinito said...

You are too sweet! It was so great to see you as well. I can't wait for you to get back to Seattle so I can introduce Henry to you. Thanks again for the cute toys - he will love them! XOXO

Courtney said...

Love that last one of Coffey on stage....so perfect! See you soon!!

Kalamakis said...

Damn girl, you covered a lot of ground and hit up SO many people on your trip! It was so great to see you. Hopefully next time we can spend more time with you! Miss you saa much and love you! :)

Lindsay said...

SEE - told ya I hadn't seen you in purple and that it looked good (re: the other L's comment). I think it might be YOUR color. Such fun times. See you soon for even more fun! xoxo