Sunday, January 11, 2009

HGTV: Call me!!

Finally! Our new bathroom is 100% complete!! Now, before you get too excited scrolling down to see some expansive "spa-like" retreat, just stop - I'll disappoint you now... My bathroom is still the small 36 sq ft it was before BUT, it's soooooo much better and I have to thank my wonderful husband! He (with a little help) did everything from demolition, laying tile, plumbing, painting, hanging mirrors and blinds and even installing a new baseboard cover and trim, phew! I have to hand it to him - he did a fabulous job!! We went for a very neutral, clean look ( tans, browns and brushed nickel) to help make it feel bigger. We positioned the light fixture higher to give the illusion of a larger space - we also used a big mirror and took out the bathroom cabinet. So enjoy the pictures, I'll enjoy my new bathroom! :)

THE BEFORE....

Before - eeks!

It's so small, I was standing in the tub and still couldn't get a full shot - sad!

Kev sweeping up leftover tile remnants...


THE AFTER...

New towel rack and towels...Can I just say "finger tip" towels are impossible to find!
Cute shower curtain rings :)
New light - it dims too!! wooohooo!
New granite top and sink
Okay, this mirror has got to weigh 20+ lbs and is GORGEOUS!! Would you believe me if I told you I got it for $10??? Seriously! I've seen its twin at C&B for $200! I love it! Isn't it pretty?
:)

13 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks beautiful!! Great work!

Shelby said...

You guys did such an incredible job! I can't wait to see it in person!

Erica said...

It looks great! Love the cute shower curtain rings & the mirror!

The Haigh's said...

It looks wonderful, the shower curtain rods are great. This gives me inspiration to get started on one of our bathrooms.

Marge said...

LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD! I cant wait to use it next time I visit! GREAT job Kev!

Erin said...

Stace - the bathroom looks amazing! Seriously such a different! Nice work Kev!

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks so amazing. Nice work

Jamieofalltrades said...

Stace... let me just say, WOW! I am so impressed!

Misty Carpinito said...

Its gorgeous!!!! Love the mirror and what a great deal!

Stacie said...

Ah, thanks gals!! I'll be sure to pass along your nice comments to my handy man, maybe that will inspire him to do more (wink, wink!) :)

Lyndsy said...

Stacie it turned out soo perfect. I love everything about it. Nice work Kevin! I can't wait to come visit eventually and test it out!

Amy said...

Looks great!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, it looks AWESOME! Wow, what an incredible job you guys did! Yay!