Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fa La La La La...

I was really excited to decorate for the holidays for some reason this year. Could be because we're in the midst of remodeling/decorating our house and I'm liking it SO much better than before or just that it's finally cold enough to feel like winter and the holidays! Either way, I couldn't wait! Last year, Kev, J&J and I got our trees at a cute little family owned place aout 15 minutes from home. They had a great selection, and although they were a bit pricier - they shook the excess needless off of it by putting it in a handy dandy machine-a-ma-bob. They also put it in a net so when you drag it into your house the branches and needles don't go everywhere. Worth the extra $$ in my book!!

Anyway, Julie and I decided to make it a tradition and this year we threw brunch into the mix!Kev and I headed over to their house Sunday morning and us gals cooked up a feast of egg and veggie scramble, sausage and pancakes. It had started to snow so it was absolutely gorgeous out! We finished up, got Eliza in her fleece snowsuit and headed to get our tree. It was less than warm out, so we picked fairly quickly. I believe we got a Frasier Fir, she's a beaut!! We got it on the car and were on our way. We had a great time, but I think next year - we'll make the boys cook while we sip spiked eggnog and gab :)
Enjoy the pictures and Happy Holidays!

A very curious Tucker :)
Ornaments
My new centerpiece -bright green pears and candles with silver mirrored balls

Sorry, she was just too cute! :)

16 comments:

Kristi said...

Great Pics Stace!!! It looks beautiful!!!!! Miss you!

Shelby said...

Oh I love it! It looks amazing!!

Erin said...

Looks great Stace! Very homey holiday cheer at your house :) I want to come over.

Kristen said...

Peenie looks as cute as ever!

Michelle said...

Beautiful!!! Wow, your house looks so cozy & inviting! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! It looks so warm and cozy.

Misty Carpinito said...

It looks so cozy...makes me want to curl up with some hot coco and Christmas tunes.

Stacie said...

Thanks gals, it is pretty cozy!! You're welcome over anytime ;)

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

OMG Stace! It's looks gorgeous! I love how curious Tuck is, and Peenie is the cutest little reindeer! What a fun household for the Holidays!

Blyth Family Blog said...

I need to come to Boston and see your house! Looks so festive:)
Hi Peanut!

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Everything looks so festive and fun. Makes me want to come over and drink eggnog and sing holiday songs!

Leah said...

It looks so cute! Love it! Definitely gets you in the spirit.

Lyndsy said...

It looks so beautiful and festive! Love it! Such a cute pic of you and Peenie!

Kalamakis said...

Good decorating eem! I love it! So fancy! Peenie is pretty cute too! Can't wait to see you saa soon. Miss you and Merry Christmas!:)

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Can we come to your house for Christmas??? So pretty Stace!

We got your lovely card. You two are so cute. Thank you!