Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marshfield...

Marshfield is a beach city on Massachusetts' south shore. It's not only where I grew up during the summers but also where I first met Kevin. We have SO many memories of Marshfield, from playing on the beach in the summers to getting engaged there in the pouring rain and most recently - having some of our wedding pictures along the seawall with the Atlantic in the background. I cherish each memory we make there and it's so fun seeing our niece and nephews enjoy it just as much as we did growing up.

This weekend should prove to be like any other - relaxing with friends and family; with one exception.....Mike McCarthy. Someone gave him the nickname "Kato" years back and it all makes sense now. We consider him family since he did live at P&B Mullins when none of their kids did and set up their Xmas tree year after year because BDogg asked him to (which somehow has now turned into my job). Fact is, he'd do anything for anyone - just like Kato Kaelin did for OJ :) - he's just part of the family! I'm sure this weekend will be filled with numerous "Bentley College" stories that I don't care about, intense games of wiffle ball, yachting on the high seas, and of course the ever expected "I'm in waaaaay better shape than you are" conversation between he and Kevin and other witty banter to one-up the other. It should prove to be a super fun weekend - let's hope the weather holds up!

Here's a picture from a few months ago of Kev, and our two dogs: Tucker and Peanut on our beach, Sunrise Beach...I'm posting it just because it sort of ties into the theme of the post and I couldn't find one of McCarthy with his shirt on :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Marshfield and cant wait to come back.

Marge said...

i want to come and play too!!!! have fun without me :(

Erin said...

I LOVE Marshfield and can't wait for another trip out there - hopefully sooner than later :)