Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eliza's Party!

Saturday was Eliza's 1st birthday party at Julie and Jason's house. Mother Nature cooperated and it actually turned out to be hotter and sunnier than expected. Julie did a fabulous job with all the decorating. Everything matched the theme and colors of the butterfly/catepillar invitations and she thought of every detail. Eliza was a perfect host and didn't cry once the entire day. She looooved all of the attention, games and of course all of her presents. Especially her new hippo rocker, too cute! I think the highlight of the day was the potato sack races. They were supposed to be for the kids, but you couldn't keep us adults away from them. We had heats and then a winner's bracket; it was hilarious! I thind Kev's mom Patty won for funniest racer - she got about two hops in before laughing so hard she couldn't move anymore. LOL!! It was a blast; thanks J+J for such a great party!! Pics of the day :)
1
Eliza was obsessed with the colorful balloons!
2
3
4
5
Holly and Ryan during the singalong
6
Singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" with Ry :)
7
Someone loved being sung "Happy Birthday" to!
8
Fab homemade cake by Julie
9
Joanie, Lindsay and baby Isabelle
10
11
12
Not the birthday cake shot I was looking for, but oh well :)
13
Heat #1 - Austin won...pretty competitive though!
14
Old man bringing up the rear ;)
15
Heat #2 - The ladies :)
16
Patty and her two hops :) HA!
17
This pic cracks me up!!!
18
All of Kristen's s*** talking did NOT pay off... I made an incredible leap at the end to win :)
19
Eliza and her homemade "Bentley" wagon
20
Presents!
21
She was SO excited!!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

She is so cute. I think she and Cohen will have to be boyfriend and girlfriend when they get older! Fun party!

Jamieofalltrades said...

Stace, Eliza is sooooooo cute! I love her smile.
I was cracking up at the sack races! I want to have sack races!

Erin said...

These are such cute photos! Nice work of capturing the day Stace! You look like a natural holding Eliza :) I would have died laughing watching the gunnysack races.

Marge said...

Oh my gosh, looks like so much fun! I cant wait to come visit in a few months!!! XOXO

Blyth Family Blog said...

She's so cute!! Fun party...we need to come there and meet your family!

Michelle said...

LOVE your pics!!! Eliza is so cute, I love her! What a fun party for you guys! :)

Leah said...

Dang, that looked like a really fun birthday! She is absolutely adorable.

Erica said...

Great pics Stacie! I esp love that one of Eliza on her Hippo!! So cute!

Mandy Kay said...

oh my gosh, FUN! i wanna do potato sack races!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I love the sack races.