Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Seattle Recap: Part 1 {Happy Birthday}

Kevin, the pups and I ventured off to Seattle in mid-July for an 11 day visit full of bbq's, girls dinners, golfing, Red Sox vs. M's game, a looong hike, a wedding, a 30th birthday party and lots of fun time making memories with friends and family. Every time we go home, I remember why I love Seattle so much! You can't beat the summers there and I'm convinced that I ALWAYS bring the sun!! The dogs did great on the plane and they absolutely loooved being able to swim and run around outside for hours on end. Pretty sure Tuck swam between 2-3 hrs each day!

I'm still uploading pictures, but here are a few from my best friend, Katie's 30th birthday! We started the day with lunch at my house followed by some sun time while the boys went and boated around Lake Washington and Lake Union. We all met up later to lounge on the boat and give one of my stepdad's ridiculous water toys a go! The "Aquaskipper" had everyone puzzled for a while trying to nail down the best technique to get it to not sink! Marge and I both got slightly injured, Jeremy sank, Derek did slightly better, but Kev "skipped" himself across the water looking ridiculous! Bryan was more than pleased that someone mastered it!!

Later that night, we took Katie to The Tap House Grill for dinner and drinks. Lots of drinks, laughs and friends popping in and out all night. I know we all had a great night, I hope she did too! It was a great night, I loved seeing one of the last ones finally turn 30, just as I'm about to turn 31! Yikes, Oldie Hawn!! Love you, Rauhie!! XOXO

Seattle - Summer 2010 152
One of Derek's attempts
Seattle - Summer 2010 153
Jeremy, faltering :)
Seattle - Summer 2010 158
Marge, prior to arm injury...
Seattle - Summer 2010 159
Marge, making a splash!
Seattle - Summer 2010 154
Our beautiful view!

How ridiculous is the aquaskipper?? Also, sorry for the wind interference and sideways video, apparently I haven't figured that out yet. Also, I say, "Marge, show us your arm," not something else! It sort of cut out :)

Summer 2010 466
Me with the Birthday girl!
Summer 2010 473
Rauh and her Bday Book, she hasn't changed a bit!
Summer 2010 464
Me and Kel
Summer 2010 474
Browsing through the pictures
Summer 2010 492
So-Cal Girls pic!
Summer 2010 488
Cute LoLo - 8 months preggo
Summer 2010 483
Group pic!
Summer 2010 493
54 Girls, minus one :( (missed you, Shel!)

More pics of our trip to come!

7 comments:

Marge said...

LOL the aqua skipper is so redonk. Cant wait to see the rest of the pics, and such a cute 54 gals photo!

The Burrells said...

It was so fun to have you guys here. Come back again soon!

Lyndsy said...

So funny! Love the aqua skipper video, so weird that toy is. The pics of your girls at dinner is so cute! What a gorgeous group of gals!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

OMG...the aqua skipper...seriously!? Wow way too funny:) Great pics for a great trip!

Stacie said...

Yeah, who knew a big hunk of metal could actually propel you across water?? :)

Michelle said...

Ha! The aquaskipper is totally ridic! I loved the video of Kev. Rauh's bday looked so fun, you girls looked darling! Sad I missed it. Glad we got to see Baby last week though! Miss you!!!

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! Cute pix