Saturday, May 2, 2009

McLovin' the Celts!!

Living in Boston we get spoiled with how great our sports teams are. From the Pats to the Sox, C's and even the B's this year - everywhere you turn we're in the playoffs. I never know what to get Kev for his birthday and thought a playoff game would be perfect! One of my besties, Margie hooked up Game 5 Celtics vs. Bulls tickets at The Garden for last Tuesday's game and I am forever grateful!

We took the train into town, grabbed beers and hotdogs and walked towards our seats. My ticket read "Floor" "Row A"... Hmm, as I'm walking down the stairs towards the court, I see numbers but not letters..could it be???? Ummmm yeah!!! Our tickets were right on the floor next to the tunnel behind the C's bench. Holy crap Margie, how on earth???

kg
Look at KG's bling!

pierce
Paul Pierce

Once we were settled in, I got up to take pics before the game started and stood next to a kid who goes, "How awesome is this??" I agreed and looked over to see, the one - the only.... McLovin!! :) He was the nicest kid in the world, by the end of regulation going into OT, he was bear hugging me like old pals, pretty funny! :)

mclovin
Best buds :)

We had the BEST time ever, The Garden was rockin' and the Celts pulled it out in OT -my throat killed from yelling so loudly all night, so worth it though. Kev had a grin from ear to ear the entire game; couldn't have been better. :)

kevstace

Thanks again Margie, you're the best!! Game 7 tonight, GO CELTICS!!

tnt
Our TNT TV time that Michelle captured :)

14 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

What a fantastic gift! So jealous! Looks like you two had such a blast.

Tara Holmes said...

That is crazy!!! Justin would die for playoff tickets and I love you you saw McLovin and you look cute on TV. How fun! Marge has some serious pull those tickets were probably hard to get. I'm impressed!

Erin said...

I LOVE this post! You and Kev look adorable and so happy. Margie always gets the best tickets - I love that she was able to hook you up with great seats. McLovin is TINY!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

HOLY CRAP!!! What an awesome post!!! I showed Kevin your post and we agree that we are both so jealous of where you live with all the fun sports teams in your hood. btw...love your new bff:)

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Marge said...

I only wish I could have enjoyed them with you!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamieofalltrades said...

Ha! I love it, this is so funny! Looks like so much fun and I am lovin' McLovin'. Miss you! xo

Michelle said...

I show everyone the pic of you guys, they always think its awesome! I totally saw him again when you pointed out his checkered shirt and skinny tie Saturday night, ha!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Holy crap! I knew you were at that game, but had no idea about the seats! Galen was so jealous about you just being there, wait till I tell him you had FLOOR SEATS! The Celts are is favorite team since he was a kid...lucky girl!

Shelby said...

Ha I love it! And just ONCE I would like to know what it feels like to live in a city that has a championship sports team. Share the wealth, will ya?

littlemeah said...

best. post. ever.

Lyndsy said...

So friggin' awesome! Makes me giggle still! Happy Birthday Kevin and nice work Marge! I hope you and McLovin have more run-ins in the near future!

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I love this post because:

1) What a fabulous surprise!
2) The seats are amazing!!
3) You were sitting next to itty bitty McLovin!!!
4) And Michelle captured you on TV! Thank goodness for dvr!!!!

Go C's!!

Leah said...

That is so fantastic. You are famous now!